Kevin Spacey has appeared at a court in London charged with sexually assaulting three men.
The actor, 62, arrived at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Thursday morning to face four counts of sexual assault and one count of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.
He was accompanied by members of his legal team and two police officers.
The disgraced actor was mobbed by hordes of photographers as he exited a silver Mercedes outside Westminster Magistrates’ Court.
He made no comment as he was rushed past a queue of other court attendees and through the entrance before passing security.
The alleged offences took place in London and Gloucestershire between 2005 and 2013.
The accusations relate to three men, now in their 30s and 40s.
The charges are:
• Two counts of sexual assault on a man, now in his 40s, in March 2005 in London
• Sexual assault on a man, now in his 30s, and causing him to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent, in August 2008 in London
• Sexual assault on a man, now in his 30s, in April 2013 in Gloucestershire
He entered no pleas to the charges during the hearing.
The case was adjourned and the actor was granted unconditional bail until his next appearance at Southwark Crown Court on 14 July.
Spacey has said he is “confident I will prove my innocence”.
After prosecutors authorised the Metropolitan Police to charge him last month, he told Good Morning America: “While I am disappointed with their decision to move forward, I will voluntarily appear in the UK as soon as can be arranged and defend myself against these charges, which I am confident will prove my innocence.”
Spacey is known for starring roles in American Beauty, The Usual Suspects and House Of Cards.